HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR GED REGISTRATION?
You’ve been preparing for weeks (or months in some cases) to take the GED test and, you’ve reached the point, in which you score well on the exercises and test simulations. Now it’s your time to register to take the test. In this article we tell you the steps you should follow to schedule your GED test without worries.
Table of Contents
Do I Register for One Test or All Four?
At EPIC, we have helped hundreds of students earn their GED diploma. Since 2010 almost all of our students have asked us the same question: Do I register for all four tests on the same day or one test per day? This question is important to ask yourself at the beginning of your preparation. It is not the same to prepare for one subject, take the test and not advance to the next one until you pass it, as it is to prepare all the GED content (all 4 tests) simultaneously. Here at EPIC we always recommend preparing a subject, taking the test and not advancing to the next one until you pass. However, this is optimal, but there may be an exception for those students who do not have a test center in their city. In cases where you have to travel far away to take the exam, you will have to consider the possibility of preparing 2 or even all 4 subjects simultaneously.
Would You Like to Know How to Get Your GED in 5 Weeks?
9 Steps to Register for the GED
Once you have decided whether to take a single exam or multiple exams, you must complete the following steps:
- Register as a student on the GED web site. To do so, simply visit https://www.ged.com and click on the register button at the top right of the screen. If you have already registered before, simply log in to the GED website.
- Once you are logged in, click on the blue button that says schedule test in the menu of the URL to which you are directed.
- You will be taken to a page that allows you to select one or multiple tests (up to 4). This page will detail the duration of each test as well as the price.
- Once you have selected the exam(s) you will be taken to a page where you will be provided with information about the exam. Pay special attention to the link for International Test-takers where you will find information that may be useful to you. To continue, click on Agree.
- On the next page you will see the centers sorted by proximity to the address you provided when creating your account. Note that the distance is calculated in miles and not kilometers. You will need to choose one of the centers listed to continue.
- On this page you must first select which day, among those marked as possible, you want to take the exam. Once you have selected the day you will see the available times. Select the time that best suits your needs and the process will take you to the next page.
Hopefully this blog post has resolved all your doubts. However, if you have questions in regards to your GED preparation, get in touch and we will let you know how EPIC PREP can help you achieve your goals. Differently, if you preffer to continue reading here is the link to our GED courses page.